Saturday, July 25, 2015

What Does Football Means To Me?


United way

I grew up watching football being played the United Way. I almost never missed any match the team played since 1999, the year when United won the Treble. 
Watching the teams built by Alex Ferguson over the years is great to watch and their comebacks, defeats, victories and the trophies as well as the glories the team have had achieved since that eventful year, has inspired me to live my life according to the United Way too. 

LEFT OUT

But I never had too much luck with sports when I was a kid. I was almost never selected for any sporting events, aside from Taekwando. 
And not until September last year when the opportunity to be part of a football team had finally arrived. 

FOOTBALL

I admit, I've never really been good with the ball at my feet. I can't kick well. I struggle with the game play sometimes. 
But I still love the game so much to give it up and I'm more bound and determined to prove that I can play a big role in my football team, as the goalie. 
I like the dive. I love the touch of the ball in my hand whenever I make a save. 

PRACTICING

And I've been learning by watching training videos on Youtube; how those brilliants goalkeepers out there play the game. 
Then, I would put what I had watched before into practice and try them during live matches. True, sometimes I get annoyed when things didn't go my way; maybe I dived the wrong way or I misread the opponent's movement. 
However, the learning curve has been really exciting and I am now more determined to make it work. 

FOOTBALL

I never had a clean sheet for all my matches so far. 
Ergo, it has become my primary objective to get my first clean sheet! 
Watch this space. 
Share:

0 comments: