Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The World God Created

nAY, I THINK NOT.


I have been following the writings of Buddha lately. It's easy to relate to because the things that some writers out there have written about his teachings is something I find very easy to relate to. 
When some of my  friends found out about the books I had read before, they mistook it as though I was considering converting to become a Buddhist. But wait a minute, just because I'm interested to live my life according to the ways of Buddha, should I call myself a Buddhist? 
I don't really think so, nay, I think not. 
Because I'm really without any religion really. I do believe in God, but I don't believe in religion. I believe that God has created this beautiful universe for us all to live in, and I do not  think God is that simple-minded to make a straight-cut choice between who will go to Heaven and who ends up in Hell by appointing them at pre-birth the "special religion" that can grant them the key to Heaven; when in fact, they were born with the religion to begin with as the religion of their parents are passed down to them.  

What make sense?

So, when I became more interested with the teachings of Buddha, it's more about cravings, aversions and the whole perspective on life; and I find that the more I learn to control my desires and the whole approach of minimalism, have really brought more peace into my life. 
I have also taken to heart the teachings of Christ. For example, don't commit adultery, don't go for "an eye for an eye" method and love your neighbors. 
These are the teachings that really make sense...to me. About the promise of Heaven and Hell to those whomever deserve it that is more based upon pre-birth judgement, that's just too far-fetched to me, at least. 
I'd prefer to concentrate on the deeds I'm committing now while I'm still alive. If there really is Heaven or Hell; if I am doomed to Hell for not professing the faith that's holding the key to Heaven, well, I guess I have been chosen by God to be there in the first place. 

Adventure


To me, life is adventure of love, discovering, excitement, grief, anger, learning and to leave a legacy rather than liability. 
Why wage war when all that it will bring, as history has taught us, pain and sorrow? But we do know how people have come together, nations were formed and new discoveries have been made since, as a result of the wars before. 
I am not saying waging war on one another is a good thing. I'm pointing out that we should look at the best for every thing that has happened to us. 

You and me

Ergo, whether Heaven and Hell exist, I don't dwell too long on it. It is after all, the afterlife. What we do have now, is to live this life as best as we could.  
That's the God I believe in, the One that guide us all to live as humanely as possible, and appreciate the beauty He has created for you and me. 
Share:

0 comments: