Sunday, November 2, 2014

I never planned on falling in love with you

image source

At first, there was nothing. Absolutely nothing. I had lived my completely normal life at an extremely normal rate. I did my routine tasks for the whole week, and I had even scrolled down the pictures in Instagram; still, there was nothing. 

But suddenly, on a day that seemed like another completely normal day, I scrolled down the pictures in Instagram (different pictures of other people's lives) and I noticed something different. There was something. I clicked on her Instagram profile and suddenly the perspective had taken a different course. All of a sudden, something "clicked" and she had become the One. 

Whoa! Hold your horses there, boy. 

What happened? It was supposed to be another completely and extremely normal day, remember? Where are all these butterflies coming from? 

God. And now I find myself in a spot that is both excruciating and exhilarating.

Suddenly, I have the greatest mood to write flowing poems after almost a year. 
Suddenly, I have the feeling that the world is spinning too fast too soon. 
Suddenly, I have mustered less gut to act normal around her. 

OK. It was awhile since I had this feeling inside, but hey, I will enjoy it while it last. Perhaps asking for a cup of coffee is fitting now? Mayhaps, mayhaps. 



Share: