Monday, July 27, 2015

The Travel Writing Begins

image source

NOT MISSED

My best friend is tying the knot this September, and he'll be having his wedding in a beautiful place called Sabah. 
I've never been there. 
This year would be the first time I'm going there. I can't wait. 

OPPORTUNITY

My Asean trip is next year. Therefore, I think Sabah presents an excellent opportunity for me to test my skill as a Travel Writer. 
Sabah is not without its uniqueness and I'm pretty sure (based on my readings and hearsay) there are a lot of interesting topics for me to cover. Only trick is to pick which suits me best!

EQUIPMENT

I'm getting a video camera and an audio recorder for the recording while I'm there. And I am bringing along a camera to capture the pictures. 
There are a lot of preparation. Yes. 
I don't intend to spend my time flying to Sabah as a tourist. I prefer to say, I'd like to make it a working assignment. 
Who knows what I can write about there?

RESEARCH

So, in order to prepare myself and just like any well-established journalists would do, I need to properly research my subjects before I leave for Sabah. 
I need to identify an area of interest that I'd like to cover and get everything well-prepared. 
Watch this space. 

Share:

0 comments: